Sunday, July 31, 2011

To The Authors: Q&A

*Rant Warning*


How many of you write your fics with no filter whatsoever when writing a story? Do you use the words 'fuck', 'shit', 'bitch' and so on? What about when writing a sex scene? Do you add 'cock', 'pussy' and so on? 


I have ready many fics that use the words listed above and find the fics thoroughly enjoyable. With that said, why do 'some' others that read FF have such a fucking problem with it? I mean, when people are browsing a fic database and the summary rating clearly states 'Rated M' or 'NC17' or the author clearly notes 'Adult Launguage' in the summary, then why the hell don't they just turned around and walk away?


It grabs my ass that some would rather leave an author a review, bashing them for their use of profanity, instead of following the warning and flitting off to another fic! Authors put a lot of time in their work and do not deserve bad reviews and/or comments. Period. The end!


My love goes out to the authors that have had to endure this! Muah to you all!


Okay, I'm out of breath and my rant is over...What are your thoughts?


Leave us a comment... 

4 comments:

  1. Your rant could not have showed up at a more appropiate time. This has been a rough week in the fandom for readers, writers, and blog hosts. The bashing is has reached epic proportions! It really makes you take a step back and ponder the craziness of it all. I blame it on the summer. The heat. It will pass as it always does, but damn if there wasn't dozens of firestorms circulating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! It's just a damn shame to see this happening. Our fabulous FF authors do not deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with every single word. I got only one flame and I totally laught at it, but I agree.

    If I put a fucking warning at the Summary, at the top of the first chapter AND at the top of every fucking chapter, then guess what? it's gonna have some dirty, hot, sweaty, mature sex.

    People who have a problem with that need to get their noses out of my story and back into their asses where they belong. Don't like - don't read. you chose to read? You've got no one to blame but you.

    I'm with you, girl.

    ReplyDelete