Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lions and Tigers and Bears....and FF.net police....Oh my!!!

I'm sure that by now you have all heard about the fucked up shit that's been going on in the land of Fan Fiction lately. People are up in arms, stay at home moms are throwing in the dish towel, single women are scurrying to their computers trying to get the 'smut' saved before it's all gone, and the Cougars of the world are clicking their tongues to the roof of their mouths, waiting to get their hands on the little pests responsible for messing with the fics they love so much. What the hell is the world of Fan Fiction coming to?


Not so recently, in a land far, far away, their was this group that invaded the land of FF. Actually they invaded the land of FF.net. I wouldn't call them nice, nor would I call them one with the fandom. What I will call them is very effective. Extremely effective to the nth degree.
This 'band of people' has effectively read, reviewed, and reported widely loved fics to FF.net, getting them removed. This act has also caused some authors to have their accounts frozen and fics wiped out. Readers alike have been stunned by this action, and have been at a loss.


What fandom(s) is this affecting you ask? 
Well, thanks to some dedicated FF supporters and authors, we borrowed
 this little screen cap to show you all!


Now, from our perspective, THAT'S A LOT OF DAMN FICS BEING PULLED!

*excuses self for the over dramatizing*
Now, we all know that all websites have T.O.S. that every user needs to abide by. Right? Right. Well,
it seems that many have violated those T.O.S. by posting fics on FF.net that are in violation. Now I know that some of you might be saying, "Well, what about Freedom of  Speech?" Yes. I understand that. I also live by the right to speak and write whatever my heart desires, and at the same time I also understand that violating a websites T.O.S. could get ya nothing but the boot. Even myself.

With that said, let me vent about what does fucking piss me off about the entire situation. Authors, I don't care if they are famous or just write FF, take valuable time out of their day to write stories for people to get lost in and enjoy. Sure, famous authors make money, more power to them, congratulations, and all that hoopla. Well, FF authors DO NOT make money writing these beloved fics that readers from all over the world enjoy so much, well, except the ones that have done the whole P2P. Some are stay-at-home mothers, single women with vivid imaginations,Cougars with a taste for tall, handsome, sparkly men with crooked grins. Bottom line...we are a strong, diverse fandom. We are made up of millions that share a love and passion for FanFiction. 

And for the end note....

Whatever happens to our beloved fandoms, we are still strong, and will always stick together!


Keep your heads up!

Comments are welcomed as long as there isn't any flaming or misuse. Thank you!
 

7 comments:

  1. Continue to fight them ,Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, when the Peewee posse strikes, remember TWCS loves us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written article. Hopefully everyone will remain calm as we peacefully gather in support of our authors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am finally glad to read what has been going on. It is sad that writers has spent so much time writing to have their work removed with no warnings. FFN should have QA the site all along and and inform people if they thought the policy was being violated. This process clearly shows that someone wasn't doing their job if they felt it got out of hand. I will support the writers what ever they decide to do

    ReplyDelete
  5. I myself don't write anything but I do enjoy reading FF. I understand that there are rules that need to be followed but alot of the stories that are pulled have been up for some time. The authors of the stories that have been pulled should have been given time to ether edit or take down the stories on their own first. Then if they don't fix what ever the problem was within a set amount of time then they could be pulled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I know a few of my friends scrambled to fix their fics. In the end I don't think it matters much. They pulled even T rated fics! Me being an ff author myself, rather than changing what came out my heart...I pulled all my fics from the site and have vowed to not use the site again.

      I understand the rules, but its just disheartening really. :'(

      Delete
  6. I can't believe this is going on. With different options to be able to add restrictions, they decided to go the chicken shit route and delete them all. I'm trying to save some that I have read and truly enjoyed. Just gonna put as many as possible on a jumpdrive. I just hope to get to them all in time. This sucks BIG time!!

    ReplyDelete